Friday 20 January 2012

Black Dragon Space Marines Army

I've been looking through a few cases of some other armies that I have (like the Praetorians were, these have been tucked away in the loft for the past 7 or 8 years!) and unearthed my Black Dragon Space Marine army!

It was painted with city fight in mind and was based on elements of the Black Dragon 10th Company. Being the 10th company it was a scout based army with a few other elements thrown in for good measure.

Lets start with the HQ

Not generally speaking part of the army I usually played with but was great fun to paint and convert.
The next guy is the Captain of the 10th and the Master of Recruits.


There are two 6 man scout squads and a unit of scout bikers.




There is also a six man tactical squad which are meant to represent scouts newly promoted to wear power armout, but nonetheless still camouflaged rather than the black of the rest of the chapter.


To give the army a bit of bite in combat there is a five man squad of Dragon Claw assault marines with the ubiquitous blades emerging from their forearms.


Lastly heavy support comes in the form of a Vindicator and Predator annihilator.



I don't have a copy of the new marine codex so I'm not really sure how many points it amounts to but I imagine around 1000pts.

11 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like the urban camo look, and it's definitely nice to see some alternate army design - you don't see too many scout company based armies. Cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dazzle camo pattern on the tanks is ace, as is the rest of the army.

    Blitz

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Big Hello from your newest member.

    I recently came across your blog and just started to follow you, as I think it's great, so we might have a couple of things in common as I too have a hobby blog you might like to follow to at

    uniteallaction.blogspot.com

    So feel free to drop me a comment and hopefully become a member, keep up the good work. And hopefully I'll hear from you soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to know how you did the chapter symbols on these guys. Please share. Its such a great army.

    ReplyDelete